- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on experience
Outside Sales Representatives are responsible to prospect and generate new commercial business. This position requires cold calling on residential & commercial accounts in the field to generate new permanent sales. The hours and level of responsibility may vary.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Ridgefield Supply’s services and pricing structure.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business.
- Determine customer needs and propose appropriate service needs.
- Meet or exceed the new business sales goals.
- Complete scheduled and cold call prospecting activities to establish first and follow up appointments with customer decision makers.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Complete required Customer Service Agreements (unaltered), reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Regularly meet with Sales Supervisor to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- One year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Good Driving record.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and training.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.