- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on experience
Days and hours of work will be as scheduled, Saturdays as scheduled. OT may be required but is not guaranteed.
Sells Paint/Stains, and paint sundries to paint contractors, builders and homeowners. Advise customers on tools, sundries, and materials needed, and procedure to follow to complete task customer wishes to perform. Inform customers about quality of tools, sundries, and other related materials. Handle telephone calls from customers answering questions about products, inventory and related information.
Repetitive Physical Demands:
- Lift 60# from floor to waist; lift 40# from waist to shoulder.
- Carry 60# over a distance exceeding 12 feet.
- Push 60# in a wheeled cart.
- Bend, Stoop, or squat to floor level repeatedly.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Reach overhead to grasp materials.
Environment and Physical Working Conditions: Work inside a controlled environment but must be prepared to go outside if the need arises. Work with mechanical equipment on a daily basis.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Sell the maximum output of allotted products at authorized prices, and in accordance with established merchandising plans and policies for walk in, assigned and unassigned accounts.
- Correspond with regular customer contacts and potential customers promoting the sale of Ridgefield Supply’s products.
- Instruct customers on use of products.
- Handle instances of consumer dissatisfaction and specific customer complaints fairly, promptly, and effectively, and recommend adjustments to management.
- Cooperate with the credit department in obtaining customer credit information and aid in collecting delinquent accounts.
- Provide feedback to marketing/purchasing concerning the market needs for new improved products and services, changes in competitive policies, and strategies relating to products and markets, channels of distribution, advertising and promotion, pricing and sales activity.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of advertising programs and sales aids.
- Aisle maintenance : Facing/Fronting , cleaning and packing out of salable merchandise.
- Sales positions require exceptional customer service and problem solving skills. Product knowledge is critical as well as awareness to inventory levels.
- Answer telephones and respond to customer’s needs.
- Need to perform mathematical functions and make change.
- Other duties may be assigned and are subject to change.
Desired Education: Minimum: H.S. Diploma or GED Preferred : Some College or Technical school training in construction trades
Desired Experience: 6 months experience in retail sales Computer Work: order entry (sales), cashing out
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Competent in math skills, read orders, Follow instructions and complete forms.
- Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal, written, and other skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques. Positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work computer register and operate key board.
Bi lingual is a preference but not a requirement.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.