- Type: Full Time
- Salary: Based on experience
Sells multiple products including but not limited to; hardware, building products, and millwork to contractors, builders and home owners. Offers guidance to customers on product selection, product offerings, and options. Provides excellent customer service to walk in customers as well as phone and internet sales opportunities
Essential Job Functions:
- Maximize sales to unassigned accounts.
- Target 10% sales growth year over year.
- Maximize margin on sales, target margin of 33 percent overall.
- Communicate new product offerings and specials to all customers at point of sale.
- Recognize and assist customers in aisles and showrooms.
- Target growth of 50 new unassigned accounts per year.
- Generate interest and participation in RSC events focused around sales from unassigned accounts.
- Provide sales support for assigned sales accounts as needed.
- Must have in depth knowledge of all RSC brand products
- Understand the functions and options of all millwork offerings and showroom displays.
- Display the ability to sell RSC brands versus competitive product offerings.
- Handle customer complaints fairly, promptly, and effectively, and recommend adjustments to management.
- Cooperate with the credit department in obtaining customer credit information.
- Provide feedback to Marketing regarding the effectiveness of advertising programs and sales aids.
- Responsible for aisle maintenance (Facing/Fronting) with cleaning and packing out of saleable merchandise.
- Process credits and returns in a timely manner.
- Continuous interaction with coworkers to ensure a positive and productive work environment is maintained and Company standards and expectations are meet.
- Answer telephones and respond to customer inquiries and questions in a timely manner.
- Perform mathematical functions, use cash register and make change.
- Track inventory levels.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- (6) Months experience in a retail sales environment
- Must be available to work 7:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Must be available to work on Saturdays when scheduled
- Knowledge and understanding of various building and hardware products
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be able to lift 60lbs from floor to waist. Lift 40lbs from waist to shoulder
- Carry up to 60lbs over a distance of 12ft
- Push up to 60lb in a wheeled cart
- Bend, stoop or squat to floor level repeatedly
- Reach over head to grasp materials
- Stand for long periods of time
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.